Tuesday, September 06, 2005

[GOP Incompetence]

Funny What You Find on the DHS Website

Keith Olbermann quoted Churchill recently on the prime mandate of government--the "responsibility for the public safety." I wanted to find a the exact quote, so I did a Google search. Guess where I found it? Full quote:
“The responsibility of ministers for the public safety is absolute and requires no mandate. It is in fact the prime object for which governments come into existence.”
Remind me again--isn't there someone out there who fancies himself a latter-day Winston? Seems our boy came up a wee bit short.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keith Olbermann's a stallion. I sort of wish the guy blogged daily, but he makes up for it with the quality of his essays. I especially enjoy the humor he sneaks into his thoughtful paragraphs, the kind that lightly tweaks the nipples of his foes.