Tuesday, October 18, 2005

[Plame Affair]

Cheney Out?

Okay, this is just getting wacky. Now the rumors (from those wonderfully reliable "government officials and advisers") hold that Cheney is on the brink of resignation and that Condi--Condi!--will be elevated to Veep.
Said another Bush associate of the rumor, "Yes. This is not good." The rumor spread so fast that some Republicans by late morning were already drawing up reasons why Rice couldn't get the job or run for president in 2008.
I smell further opportunities for rumor-mongering: "Psst, 'key officials' report that Paul Wolfowitz is getting the nod to replaces Condi. Pass it on."

I will say, however, that if Dick Cheney offers his resignation, I'm going on a three-day bender.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, I don't know. You google "cheney resignation" and you see years of demands. I'll wait to see this one go down, but I'll bet you a beer it's not happening. I don't think the plame affair elevates it to such a level that cheney resigns. Of course, Libby will go, and others. But not cheney.