Monday, March 20, 2006

[Meta, Iraq]

Loose theme of the week

Having just completed a week on Iraq, I'm slightly reluctant to return to the topic, but given we're celebrating the 3-year anniversary of the invasion, it seems too timely to ignore. Bush will be spending the week talking about his plan for getting Iraqis to "stand up so we can stand down." Dems will probably spend the week highlighting the treachery that led us into the war, but I expect will be thin on solutions. (Which, actually, is a good play: they were bullied into this mess and hold exactly zero power. Their role now is to try to impeach the incompetent liars who committed these war crimes, or, at the very least, find a way to take back the House so they can begin investigations.)

So I'll dabble. I invite my four readers to dabble along with me. We've made a right good botch of Iraq, and pretty much have doomed it to a civil war--soon or sooner. But perhaps it's not theoretically inevitable (if say, we didn't have internationally-despised and mistrusted idiots running the country). It may be fun to consider.

I'll probably also do more traditional blogging than usual--I don't think the topic can support 10-15 posts over the next week.

Oh, and by the way--happy Spring.

No comments: