Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bush Outtakes

Bush's press conference last night was like performance art. I know most people can't stand to hear the man's voice, but it's worth watching a clip for the perverse entertainment value (video's here). Here are a few of the more entertaining comments. (I'd paraphrase in parody, but you really can't beat the original.)
BUSH: Michael, I'm worried about precedents that would make it difficult for somebody to walk into the Oval Office and say, Mr. President, here's what's on my mind. And if you haul somebody up in front of Congress and put them in oath and all the klieg lights and all the questioning, to me, it makes it very difficult for a President to get good advice.

BUSH: They serve at our pleasure. And yet, now they're being held up into the scrutiny of all this, and it's just -- what I said in my comments, I meant about them. I appreciated their service, and I'm sorry that the situation has gotten to where it's got. But that's Washington, D.C. for you. You know, there's a lot of politics in this town.

BUSH: If the Democrats truly do want to move forward and find the right information, they ought to accept what I proposed. And the idea of dragging White House members up there to score political points, or to put the klieg lights out there -- which will harm the President's ability to get good information, Michael -- is -- I really do believe will show the true nature of this debate.
Screw you, you little pissants! I'll show you kleig lights--I'll ship your candy asses down to Gitmo! You all serve at my pleasure! Yeaaaahhhhh....

1 comment:

Chuck Butcher said...

If you can say it to the President of the USA and can't say it in public, you must be a liar or a crook, or maybe deranged.