Later that year, as Congress moved toward outlawing “cruel, inhuman and degrading” treatment, the Justice Department issued another secret opinion, one most lawmakers did not know existed, current and former officials said....Your reaction was:
The new opinion, the officials said, for the first time provided explicit authorization to barrage terror suspects with a combination of painful physical and psychological tactics, including head-slapping, simulated drowning and frigid temperatures.
- "Oh my God--I can't believe the White House would endorse such a thing."
- "Good God, who leaked this? Now it's going to be a lot harder after we invade Iran."
- "Thank God--I don't care if they actually got any info, I'm just happy we're torturing evildoers."
- "Wasn't this the policy to begin with?"
- "Although I gave the President the benefit of the doubt, I worried this might be happening."
- "Didn't Josh Marshall report this two years ago?"
- "Britney better get her shit together or Sean Preston and Jayden will be stuck with their dead-end father K-Fed."
Check the response to determine the respondent's political affiliation. Respondent is
- A swing voter.
- A neocon.
- Dick Cheney.
- A mainline Republican.
- A Congressional Democrat.
- A MoveOn lefty.
- The othe 80% of the US electorate.