Monday, December 03, 2007

The Catastrophe of Hillary

Okay, as much I keep thinking I'll be able to talk myself into accepting Hillary, she goes and does something so petty and bizarre that I am reminded why I never voted for Bill. From a current press release, she accuses Barack Obama of lying about wanting to be president because in Kindergarten and again in third grade he wrote essays saying he'd like to be president. No shit:
In third grade, Senator Obama wrote an essay titled 'I Want To Be a President.' His third grade teacher: Fermina Katarina Sinaga "asked her class to write an essay titled 'My dream: What I want to be in the future.' Senator Obama wrote 'I want to be a President,' she said." [The Los Angeles Times, 3/15/07]

In kindergarten, Senator Obama wrote an essay titled 'I Want to Become President.' "Iis Darmawan, 63, Senator Obama's kindergarten teacher, remembers him as an exceptionally tall and curly haired child who quickly picked up the local language and had sharp math skills. He wrote an essay titled, 'I Want To Become President,' the teacher said." [AP, 1/25/07 ]

This is the kind of politics that takes a slight electoral advantage and turns it into a monumental electoral backlash. Bill was the king of this kind of stuff, and during his eight years, the Democratic Party was reduced to rubble. Hillary will be a catastrophe. And yes, I think she's still going to win.

1 comment:

cwilcox said...

And isn't it odd that Hillary, who condemned Obama for running for president after his first stint in the Senate is also running for president at the first opportunity she has had since her husband left office?
She said on Tuesday that her and Bush's sabre rattling are why Iran abandoned it's nuke program. Yep...She is just George Bush in a skirt.