Friday, January 20, 2006

[Stupid Democrats]

Which Is Not to Say Reid's Not a Bonehead.

Say it ain't so, Harry! My man, the conservative Dem from Nevada Harry Reid has never thrilled me with his politics. But until yesterday, he's always shown a steel spine. Until yesterday:

Sen. Reid's office put out a report entitled "Republican Abuse of Power." It singled out 33 Republican senators for various ethical lapses and transgressions.

Republicans are treating this as some sort of outrage. And they actually got Reid to apologize for it. "The document released by my office yesterday went too far and I want to convey to you my personal regrets."

Come on, Harry.

3 comments:

eRobin said...

You and I are the only two people I know of to be disgusted by this. We must be uncivil or something.

I'm hoping that Reid knows what he's doing - getting on record with an apology he knows he'd never get from the GOP. I don't know. I don't think it'll work if that's the plan. You can't shame a prostitute.

Jeff Alworth said...

Well, it's weird. The crooks in the Republican party have brought incivility to a new level, calling anyone with a D behind their name a traitor. Max Cleland or Michael Moore--everyone is accused of siding with the terrorists. And the Dems? Meek deference.

But god forbid the Dems should actually call the crooks crooks. That's just impolite.

eRobin said...

Chris Clarke got a copy of the Dems' '06 strategy - with pictures.