Tuesday, April 04, 2006

[GOP Corruption]

Dogged by Scandal and Corruption, DeLay Quits.

I don't have a whole lot to add to the DeLay business (what's to say?), but I was shocked by the coverage today. Every story I heard/saw treated this as only distantly related to his corruption. For example, so-smeared liberal mouthpieces:
Now, I don't care that the press gives DeLay his talking points--that's fair journalism. But to not frame this story as one in which a corrupt pol is ducking and running is irresponsible. Who's served by that?

So anyway, the headline to this post is the one I'd have written. It's accurate and objective. These other headlines, and most of the stories, are examples of DeLay's success at spinning his own exit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least the guardian puts a little flavor on it: 'the damage remains' and
'us bribary scandel claims its biggest scalp'