An Advisory to Hog's Three Readers.
I've sent the interns home, and we're shutting the doors for a week. I may blog a bit in the margins, but it's going to be a little slow. Regular schedule to resume next week.
Interesting bits offered in lieu of actual content:
- Koufax Awards announced. (Hog not among winners; interns suspect fraud.)
- Study finds no effect of intercessory prayer (report, Times' article)
- There's one guy (Keith Olbermann) on cable news who doesn't like the Prez, and Howie Kurtz doesn't like him (goose and gander cliches here).
- Experts lean toward Bruins; Vegas likes the Gators. (Maybe we should make the experts put money on it and see if they still like UCLA.)
- Andy Sullivan has my back on immigration--it's bad news for the GOP. Pith:
Every time a Republican congressman stands up to inveigh against illegals the Hispanic vote veers to the Democrats. Every time a Republican senator speaks in favour of guest-workers and inclusion, a white male Southerner decides not to bother voting this November.
- I had a request last week for links to track the '06 races. Here you go: Dem Underground, National Journal, Sabato, WaPo.