Tuesday, November 29, 2005

[White House]

Harsh Words for Dick.

In case you missed it:
[He] said that Cheney must have sincerely believed that Iraq could be a spawning ground for new terror assaults, because "otherwise I have to declare him a moron, an idiot or a nefarious bastard."
Michael Moore? Nope--keep reading:
Asked by the BBC's Today if Mr Cheney could be accused of war crimes, he said: "It's an interesting question."

"Certainly it is a domestic crime to advocate terror," he added.

"And I would suspect, for whatever it's worth, it's an international crime as well."
Whoa, super harsh. Must be a blogger, right? Atrios, Kos? Well, wait, there's more:
"I look at the relationship between Mr Cheney and Mr Rumsfeld as being one that produced these two failures in particular, and I see that the president is not holding either of them accountable... so I have to lay some blame at his feet too."
Well, probably you did hear about it. That's former Cheney colleague, WH insider, and Colin Powell chief of staff Lawrence Wilkerson. And yes, he did just call the Veep a war criminal.

If anyone vaguely left-leaning had said it, I suspect we'd have a public flaying.

No comments: